JP has a long history of supporting individual artists and arts organizations.
His contributions to the arts are focussed on concept consolidation, project development, and contract delivery.
A short list of projects that in which he is or has been involved include:
- rural connections and immigration through music with World Folk Music Ottawa
- Mali – Canada exchange with The Woodchoppers Association (2003-2009)
- promoting and managing Jah Youssouf and Mansa Sissoko (West Africa / Quebec City)
- documentary film production – The Road to Baleya – with Close Up Films (2004)
- creation of the non-profit Coalition of New Canadians for Arts and Culture (2007-2011)
- youth programs + cultural diversity projects with Stellula Music (Ontario)
- arts and culture, performance + program development with Jaku Konbit (Ontario)
- theatre seating and renovation + business development with Bronson Centre (Ontario)
Mr. Melville’s personal experience in the arts includes theatre production, play writing, professional choral singing, blog/novel/poetry writing.